- Amy Konarzycki
My favourite granola recipe
As the snow starts falling and the winter weather sets in, is there anything better than the smell of warm granola baking in the oven? I'm sharing my favourite, easy-to-make granola recipe. Enjoy! And let me know how yours turns out.
Recipe: Easy-to-make comforting granola
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Notes: Don't worry about having every single ingredient or enough of everything. You can mix and match what nuts and spices you choose to use. Using the optional egg white while help the granola cluster together. Last but not least, use raw nuts that are not pre-roasted since you will be roasting them in the oven.
3 cups oats
1 1/2 cups nuts (pecans, hazelnuts, almonds)
1 1/2 cups seeds (pumpkin seeds)
1 tsp salt (or more, to taste)
2 to 3 tsps spices, or more, to taste (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, cardamom)
3/4 cup sweetener (maple syrup, brown sugar, coconut sugar)
1/2 cup oil (liquid coconut oil, olive oil)
Optional: Beaten egg white to replace some oil
1/2 cup chopped dates
1. Preheat oven to 300f/150c.
2. Measure grains, nuts, seeds, salt, and spices into a large bowl.
3. Add sweeteners, oil, egg white.
5. Spread on large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 30-45 minutes, stirring after about 20 minutes. (If you used egg white, the less you stir, the more clusters you will get.) Keep a nose out to make sure it doesn't overcook!
7. Let cool. After baking and granola is cool, add the chopped dates.
Enjoy!! Let me know how you made yours.